Digital Graffiti at Alys Beach is proud to announce the finalists for the 2016 festival. 20 artists from 10 countries across the world will gather at Alys Beach to showcase their digital artwork and vie for cash prizes totaling $10,000.
“For a local and intimate venue, Digital Graffiti attracts an impressive range of national and international art, and our ninth year continues this legacy,” says Brett Phares, Digital Graffiti Curator. “We have a solid list of finalists that have submitted work for projection, from delicate to bold, minimal to maximal, monochrome to unicorn rainbows—we can’t wait to share it all in May!”
The 2016 finalists include:
- Linda Loh, Brunswick East, Victoria, Australia
- Olga Guse, Dresden, Germany
- Robert Crispe, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Tina Willgren, Stockholm, Sweden
- William R. Bullock, Bowral, New South Wales, Australia
- Jinku Kim, Walpole, Massachusetts
- Kathryn Whitesides, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Overlap, Hastings, E. Sussex, United Kingdom
- LIA, Vienna, Austria
- Tracy Miller-Robbins, Westerville, Ohio
- Hyoyoung Jung, Paju, Kyungki-do, South Korea
- Emilia Forstreuter, Berlin, Germany
- Max Hattler, Hong Kong
- Phyllis Ma, New York City, New York
- Mark Lyons, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
- David Bennett, Nashville, Tennessee
- Nick Rands, Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Jiyen Lee, Seoul, South Korea
- Katina Bitsicas, Columbia, Missouri
- Michael Flückiger, Zurich, Switzerland
- Nathan Johnson, Los Angeles, California
In addition, a select group of artists have been invited to project at Digital Graffiti. Yandell Walton, Digital Graffiti 2015 Best of Show winner, of Melbourne, Australia, Keaton Fox of Detroit, Michigan, and Sean Capone of New York, New York participated in the 2015 Digital Graffiti Artist Residency Program.
A panel of art and industry experts, led by Brett Phares, will serve as the jury for the festival and select works for the Best in Show and Curator’s Choice awards. Four honorable mentions will also be awarded.
The festival is just two months away, so purchase tickets and book your stay with Alys Beach today! Guests who book for three nights will receive a fourth night free and two weekend passes for the festival. Call 866-732-9276 or visit alysbeach.com to book your stay.