With nearly 200 submissions from countries including England, Portugal, France, Australia, Germany, Netherlands, Serbia, South Korea, Sweden, Japan, Cambodia, Poland, Ireland, India, Brazil, Spain, Taiwan, Iran, Ukraine and the USA, Alys Beach announces today the final 23 digital artists who will now compete for $10,000 in cash prizes at the Sixth Annual Digital Graffiti Festival on June 7th and 8th at Alys Beach.
“DG brings out the best in projection art from local and international artists, and this year is no exception. We have a powerful list of finalists from Florida, all over North America and Europe, South America and the Middle East. We definitely have an impressive group of artists representing DG this year and can’t wait to share the work this June,” says Digital Graffiti Curator and Judge Brett Phares.
1. “5 Dancing Angels” by Nick Rands of Porto Alegre RS, Brazil
2. “Anatomy of Sound” by Slawomir Szostak of Torun, Poland
3. “Cantaloupe Visions” by Brian Ratigan of Jacksonville, FL
4. “Citystream” by Jason Bernagozzi of Rochester, NY
5. “Doggone” by Phyllis Bulkin Lehrer of New York City, NY
6. “Game Over” by Seyed Mohsen Pourmohseni Shakib of Rash Guilan, Iran
7. “Landscape” by Anabel Costa of Paris, France
8. “Highway Night (Cycles of Fifths in Lines of Self-similarity)” by Steve Kornicki of Melbourne, FL
9. “Night” by Yang Wang of New York, NY
10. “Oczka” by Kasia Knap of Kingston, Canada
11. “Ohio Skyscape” by Kate Shannon of Mansfield, OH
12. “PBnJ” by Zhenzhen Qi of New York, NY
13. “Permanent Impression” by Shane Sauer and J Lyons of Destin, FL
14. “Power 1” by Molly Bradbury of Santa Fe, NM
15. “Promise” by Victoria Febrer & Pedro J. Padilla of Astoria, NY
16. “She Leaves the City” by Brian James McGuire of Milwaukee, WI
17. “Skygger” by Kristian Kragelund of Brooklyn, NY
18. “Smash TV-Memorex” by Brendan Shields of Brooklyn, NY
19. “Soul Seasons” by Holly Danger of Stamford, CT
20. “Some Kind of Nature” by Sean Van Praag of Cincinnati, OH
21. “The Third Picture” by Julie Nymann of Brooklyn, NY
22. “Tough Guys” by Don Relyea of Dallas, TX
23. “Voronoi Night” by Muharrem Yildirim and Matthew Briggs of Tempe, AZ
Prizes will be awarded in various categories and judged by a panel of art and industry experts. The winning categories include Best of Show, Most Innovative, Most Experimental Submission, Best in Florida-Homegrown, Best Animated Submission and Curator’s Choice. All winners will be announced on the evening of June 8th at Caliza Pool.
This one of a kind juried festival allows digital artists to explore how their fluid forms intersect with technology and wrap the architecture of Alys Beach to create entirely new art forms. Guests who attend Digital Graffiti are able to view these installments and glimpse the latest in digital art and technology.
Friday night’s Gallery Stroll will allow guests to interact with the artists in a more intimate salon-style setting. There will also be a cash bar at Caliza Pool and a casual gathering. The festivities will continue on Saturday night with VIE Magazine’s “Meet me at The Red Carpet” at Fonville Press from 6:00-8:30pm, then the festival gates open and the evening ends with the traditional pool party at the architecturally acclaimed Caliza Pool.
DG2013 festival tickets are now available at digitalgraffiti.com and at Fonville Press in Alys Beach while quantities last. Adult tickets are $50 for Friday night and include an official t-shirt; $100 for Saturday night which includes an official Digital Graffiti t-shirt and Tervis tumbler. Children’s tickets (12 and under) may be purchased at $20 for Friday night only, and include a t-shirt. Advance ticket purchase is strongly recommended.
WHERE TO STAY:
Interested guests should visit alysbeach.com to book a courtyard home rental on site, or call 1-866-732-9276. Alys Beach offers gorgeous beach homes for vacation rentals so guests can experience the luxurious side of small-town beachside living on a short-term basis. Vacation rentals range from three to five bedrooms and from around 2,000 to 3,000 square feet.
Or guests may book their rental for Digital Graffiti directly with official lodging partner Sandcastle Escapes and receive $10 off their Friday night event ticket and $20 off Saturday night ticket. Offer limited to two discounted tickets per room reservation and by calling 1-866-626-4208 or visiting sandcastleescapes.com to make reservations.
ABOUT DIGITAL GRAFFITI
Digital Graffiti at Alys Beach is the world’s first outdoor projection art festival, with artists using the latest technologies to create original works that are then projected across the town’s iconic white walls. digitalgraffiti.com
ABOUT ALYS BEACH
One of the most beautiful new towns in the world, Alys Beach is located on Scenic Highway 30A in Florida’s panhandle, along what The New York Times said “may be the best beach in the continental U.S.” The resort town’s extraordinary architectural vision drew inspirations from both Bermuda and the family courtyard homes of Antigua, Guatemala. When complete, Alys Beach will be home to 900 villas and courtyard homes, as well as restaurants, parks, shops and other resort amenities. Alys Beach is the first Fortified…for Safer Living® community in the world, and all homes are built to Florida’s Green Home Designation Standard. For home sales or vacation rental information, please call 866-481-8387 or visit alysbeach.com